What a beautiful day in Pittsburgh. The Old Soldier just came back (2:30 pm) from a lovely walk in the neighborhood. It’s sunny and around 75 degrees outside. I’m sitting at my workstation feeling young and productive. That’s a great way to feel when you’re 65 and retired.
One of the things that I love about Oakland, the neighborhood that I live in, is that the main campus of the University of Pittsburgh is like a 15-minute walk away. There were plenty of students out today. A world-class university like Pitt gives a neighborhood a totally different vibe. The vibe is sort of bohemian, and for this writer that’s a great vibe to be a part of.
Then Carnegie Mellon University is about a 20-minute walk from my apartment. I walked down to Forbes Avenue and South Craig Street. There were lots of shops and students from all over the world and a couple of ethnic restaurants and other places to eat and drink and CMU was two blocks up the avenue to the left and Pitt was two blocks down the avenue to the right.
It felt great to be a flash fiction writer.
Keep reading and keep writing that flash fiction.
Read. Study. Write. Submit.
- Alcohol: The Confessions Of A Flash Fiction Writer (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- The PFF Gazette Pays Its First Flash Fiction Writer (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Pitt’s David Lawrence Hall Evacuated After Bomb Threat (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Do Pitt’s New Security Measures Punish The Victims? (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Danger: Are You Writing Flash Fiction Or Writing Essays? (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- U Pitt Bomb Threats: A Student’s Perspective (asterisky.com)
- Local Couple Testifies In Pitt Bomb Threat Case (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Litchfield Towers Targeted In Latest Pitt Bomb Threat (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- This Is How To Make Your Fiction Short And Deep (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)