The morning started off with the police in my apartment building around 8:30 a.m. on my flood trying to calm down a women in her room who had some mental issues. She had been screaming and constantly banging her door shut and I guess someone called the police.
She’s still on my floor.
But the morning improved after that.
I took a nostalgic walk down into the heart of Oakland where the campus of the University of Pittsburgh is. I stopped at a bar named Hemingway’s. I have not been in Hemingway’s in maybe two or three years. Donna, the owner, was behind the bar. We talked about the old times, when I was an undergraduate and then a graduate student at Pitt. That was around eight years ago. And I spent a lot of time at Hemingway’s in those days.
Well, the Old Soldier (I’m a Vietnam War Veteran) has already accepted a story from a new guest writer that will be published the first week of July. The Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette is a paying market. So, if you are a writer get your submission in. I publish poetry, non-fiction and flash fiction. You do not have to write about sex.
Read. Study. Write. Submit.
Click the follow button. This magazine is free.
- Alcohol: The Confessions Of A Flash Fiction Writer (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Haiku: Summer Vacation (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- You Can Definitely Make Money Writing Flash Fiction (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Download Your Copy Of The eBook In Minutes (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
- Danger: Are You Writing Flash Fiction Or Writing Essays? (pittsburghflashfictiongazette.com)
Filed under: Life In Pittsburgh Tagged: | flash fiction underground, guest writer, Hemingway's, Oakland, paying market, Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette, police, sex, University of Pittsburgh, Vietnam War veteran